“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm” - Winston Churchill
Steps to Success
- Consider visiting prior to delivery ( not required )
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!!!! When you have questions, concerns, or just need help we need to know if we don’t we can’t help. Zoom, Call, Text, and Email we are available. Likewise though we don’t count wins we want to hear about them and celebrate!
- Delivery, we want to deliver you D.A.D. so we have a full sight picture of your life, home, and any other aspect of your life that is relevant. This helps us to have a better understanding when we communicate on the phone.
- Maintenance Training while we try to make minor fixes with support sometimes we just need to touch the dog. We also encourage you to use this option if you’re going out of the country for vacation and just simply because you asked us to.
- Coming Soon we will have seminars for clients with signed contracts.
We utilize fundamental games such as keep away and fetch to build integral relationships with our dogs. These games develop into two main pillars: focus and engagement that will maximize the opportunity of success. Methodically over time these games turn into obedience commands and develop a reward system that will be the reason why your Service Dog performs so willingly to alert you to high and low blood sugars.
We do believe any behavior that is desirable is taught and any behavior that is unwanted can also be taught or even caught. Malcolm X once said “that which you do not hate, you will eventually tolerate”. Nothing could describe dog training more clearly. We must not tolerate unwanted behaviors in Service Dogs or any dog for that matter.
Ultimately though we are balanced trainers who lure and shape quality bred dogs into desiring to do desired behavior and then systematically apply as little pressure as possible to teach the dogs not only do they want perform said behavior but that they also must perform at a level above your expectation and to the CedarOak Kennels standards.
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan